ORGLIST: CNS activity testing in mice

From: pradeep <cpcool545>
Subject: ORGLIST: CNS activity testing in mice
Date: Fri, 31 May 2013 20:46:31 -0700 (PDT)
I am in search of a comprehensive test for screening of compounds
synthesized in our lab for possible effects on the the CNS activity of
mice. Literature says many tests like Actophotometer, rotarod, swim
test, open field test etc.. to test the behavioral changes.Well my
interest is to study all the possible behavioral changes using a
single comprehensive test. So can anyone suggest me the possibilities
to conduct a comprehensive test to screen for CNS activity?
Methodologies involving Actophotometer are desirable. What else can be
measured from an Actophotometer study other than the activity scores?
Can it be hyphenated with some other techniques so that a single
comprehensive test involving a single dose drug administration can
possibly give report on maximum number of parameters on behavioral
changes? Are there any better alternative ways to conduct the
screening of CNS effective drugs other than these conventional
procedures that can save time, effort and at the same time gives best
possible result?

Thank you in advance