ORGLIST: Tree death?

From: Vedran Hasimbegovic <vedran.hasimbegovic>
Subject: ORGLIST: Tree death?
Date: Tue, 13 Sep 2011 16:32:48 +0200
Hi all!

I hope it's OK to ask about this topic here, if not please tell me. I have noticed lately a lot of dead trees in Stockholm, it is something I've never seen before which I find highly disturbing. I wonder if it is it like this in your countries. I did web search and a google news search about this but did not find much. For example, in Amazon the death of trees could be due to drought:http://www.guardian.co.uk/environment/2011/feb/03/tree-deaths-amazon-climate However, Sweden did not experience drought as far as I know, in fact it has been raining a lot. Any input on this would be really appreciated.

//VH