ORGLIST: ORGLIST (no) future

From: "J.Aires de Sousa" <jas>
Subject: ORGLIST: ORGLIST (no) future
Date: Mon, 21 Mar 2011 11:59:08 +0000
Dear ORGLIST members

ORGLIST has been operating under my coordination since 1997. Between 2000 and 2006 the list traffic maintained an average of ca. 1 message/day, and has declined since then. In 2010 and 2011 we are observing almost no activity.

Other tools are nowadays available for virtual interaction, but I won't invest in changing the ORGLIST framework, neither in promoting the list. And time has arrived for domain renewal. I see no meaning in maintaining it.

If there are no better ideas, we will shut down the list in April, and probably keep the archive accessible in some web site.

Your ORGLIST coordinator
Joao Aires de Sousa